PE and Sport health check
High quality PE and school sport contributes to a range of outcomes for young people. Not only does it equip young people with the tools to support their physical development but also contribute towards their the social, health and wellbeing. Schools are encouraged to offer a programme that provides high quality physical education as part of the curriculum whilst increasing competitive school sport. To support schools in making decisions on how to utilise their funding we provide a PE consultancy. This is centred around the five key indicators:
- The engagement of allpupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
How do we do it?
- Includes a consultation with the PE subject leader to evaluate the school’s current strengths and development areas in PE and Sport.
- Collect data from all areas of school PE and sport.
- Survey the children and parents.
- Gather areas of confidence and areas of weakness within your school teaching team.
- Create a detailed report showing the strengths and development areas of your school.
Step 2 Curriculum Map
- Create a detailed curriculum map to plan to make improvements in weaker areas. Discuss the plan with the head teacher and PE Subject leader.
- Create bespoke package based on school’s needs and budget – present to the head teacher and PE Subject leader.
At this point you are under no obligation to take up the Integr8 Sports Coaching bespoke package.
- Integr8 Sports Coaching will provide everything you need from coaches, to qualifications to implement your bespoke plan.
- We will include reviews along the way to check that you are happy with the service we are providing.
- We will include an end of year review to map progress.